Cloud Defensive OWL Optimized Weapon Light (PRE-ORDER)
$349.99 – $389.99
PRE-ORDER! UPDATED SHIP TIMELINE: DECEMBER 2018.
Introducing the Cloud Defensive Optimized Weapon Light (OWL).
- 1400-1600 Lumens and about 45,000 Candela
- Quick-Disconnect Light Head and Tail-Cap
- Uses (1) 18650 Rechargeable Battery
- Industry First Multi-Purpose Switch
- Fully Ambidextrous
- Field-Servicable Lens
- Dual-Tool Built Into the Tail-cap
- IPX8 Waterproof, Shockproof, Dust-proof
- Lifetime Warranty
Our mission is to optimize your equipment. To make it better. To make it work better for you. To make you better because of it.
Since the dawn of weapon-mounted lights, there has been an operational paradigm where we have simply retro-fit conventional flashlights to a rail system. That is a concession in optimization though. You can try to perfect a retro-fit. Or you can simply design a system that was built, from the ground-up, for a weapon-based application. This is the path we chose.
INTRODUCING THE OPTIMIZED WEAPON LIGHT. ALSO KNOWN AS OWL.
We started this project in a conference room with a white board. We wrote down all the traits of conventional weapon lights that we felt were liabilities. External wires. Tape switches. Threaded heads/tail-caps. Needing dedicated/aftermarket mounts. Multiple switches for momentary/constant-on operation. Inadequate output. Poor run-times. Sub-optimal light color (temperature) which impacts the performance. Sub-optimal beam patterns. And tools required for installation and maintenance.
Then we set out to build a weapon mounted light without any of those liabilities. Thousands of hours, 19 experts, 16 designs, 3 patents, a dedicated manufacturing building and a lot of patience later, OWL was born. And with it, was the realization that we now have a weapon light that should be selling for about 600 dollars. So while traditional manufacturing/marketing would tell us not to under-price this, that’s precisely what we are doing. Because charging too much goes against who we are. We’re here to help. And we’ll always be willing to give you the best-possible deal on the best equipment. It’s the simple.
- One-piece integrated solution with optimized ergonomics.
- Estimated 1400 -1600 Lumens and about 45,000 Candela (estimated as of publication). With a USA-made electrical system, we invested in the best components money can buy. That gives us output, efficiency and run-time that others don’t have. And now you get the best performance money can buy.
- A Quick-Disconnect light head and tail-cap. Yes, you read that correctly. Our patent-pending Lug-Lok technology gives you a light head and a tailcap that are removable without traditional threading. A few degrees of rotation and you can immediately remove the head or tail-cap. Battery changes are now lightning fast and easy to do. Working around the muzzle or suppressor is now a breeze. Faster and safer.
- Precision machined from Certified 6061-T6 aluminium.
- Type III Anodized to MIL STD. “Hardcoat”
- Made 100% in the USA. Manufactured and assembled 100% in-house at our production facility.
- Weight: 9.9 oz WITH the 18650 battery
- Length: 5.50″
- Uses ONE 18650 rechargeable battery. Our electrical system senses what battery are present and adjusts for those batteries.
- Run-time at 100% power is industry-leading.
- An industry-first multi-purpose switch allows for momentary and constant-on operation. Momentary unless the switch is double-tapped in less than 0.23 seconds. Then Constant-On is engaged. Tap to turn off or press and hold for momentary again. Easy. Intuitiive. Faster than a mechanical constant-on switch.
- Fully Ambidextrous. The reversible design allows it to be mounted on either side of the host weapon. Just disconnect the head and tail, reverse the batteries and swap the head/tail from their original position. And now it’s left-handed.
- Field-Serviceable Lens. Our FSL system allows for damaged lens’ to be changed out in a matter of seconds, by the end-user.
- Dual-tool built into the tailcap. You attach OWL to your weapon with the tool in the tailcap. You replace your lens with the tool on the tailcap as well. This dual-tool feature makes the OWL a tool-free design.
- Waterproof to IPX8 standards
- Shockproof. Dustproof.
- No external wires to deal with.
- No external plugs or sockets that are susceptible to water/debris.
- Lifetime Warranty with 3 reasonable exceptions: 1) Lens. If the lens is damaged, this is not a warranty situation because the user can change the lens in about 60 seconds. 2) Cosmetics. It goes without saying but these are hard-use tools. Cosmetic damage is part of the game. 3) Incorrect battery use. This is an 18650-only system. If another battery compromises the electrical system, we can not warranty that, as we clearly state in multiple locations what battery to use. Responsible shooters need to know their equipment and this is part of that equipment. We provide everything you need to know here and will work tirelessly to make this easy for you. Everything else is covered. Forever.